FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
Thursday, October 19, 2017
AUSTIN – Dan Patrick, Texas Lieutenant Governor, announced three key re-election endorsements today:
“I am proud to announce I have been endorsed for re-election by Governor Greg Abbott, US Sen. John Cornyn and US Sen. Ted Cruz. We know the nation often looks to Texas for leadership and most often that means they are looking to our great Governor and our two US Senators who are leading the fight in both Austin and Washington on so many issues. Each is a giant in his own right.”
The Governor and both Texas US Senators issued the following statements endorsing Patrick’s re-election:
“Dan Patrick has proven to be a partner in our fight to advance conservative ideas, preserve Texas values and keep our state the envy of the nation. Working together over the past two legislative sessions, we have passed reforms that advanced individual liberty and created greater opportunities for all Texans. I look forward to continuing our work in the next legislative session, and I am proud to endorse his re-election for Lieutenant Governor.”
“Dan Patrick’s leadership of the Texas Senate is a major reason Texas remains the best place to live, work and raise a family. I’m proud of what Dan has accomplished and urge everyone to vote to re-elect him as Lt. Governor.”
US Sen. – TX
“Dan Patrick has proven a steadfast, unapologetic leader in advancing the principles that make the Lone Star State the best in the nation. He has consistently fought against efforts to expand taxes and regulations, he has defended our constitutional liberties, and he has worked hard to provide more and better opportunities to help Texans achieve the American Dream, most notably through his tireless championing of school choice. I am proud to stand with Dan and support his re-election and look forward to continuing to work with him for years to come on behalf of 28 million Texans.”
US Sen. – TX
The Campaign also announces support from the overwhelming majority of the State Republican Executive Committee (SREC) and top Republican Party County Chairs.
“The Party grassroots, the faithful who roll up their sleeves at campaign time, have signaled they want to keep a true conservative leader as Lt. Governor,” Patrick said.
The Campaign additionally announces the support of a cadre of major conservative coalitions covering issues important to the conservative majority in Texas.
- Concerned Women of America, Texas
- Conservative Republicans of Texas
- Texas Alliance for Life
- Texas Eagle Forum
- Texans for Fiscal Responsibility
- Texas Right to Life
- Texas State Rifle Association
- Texas Values
“If ever there was a list of organizations who cover the waterfront on issues, this list covers all the bases. Life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness and everything in between, they are all here. I’m humbled to have this tremendous show of support,” Patrick said.
In addition, Patrick also unveiled the support from a number of Tea Party leaders representing some of the biggest Tea Party organizations in Texas.
- Dr. Dwayne Collins – Edom Tea Party
- Ken Emanuelson – Dallas Tea Party / The Grassroots Texans Network
- Toni & Tom Fabry – Frisco Tea Party
- JoAnn Fleming – Grassroots America We the People
- Bill Hussey – Llano Tea Party
- Robin & Jim Lennon – Kingwood Tea Party
- Matt Long – Fredericksburg Tea Party
- Julie McCarty – NE Tarrant Tea Party
- Ray Meyers – Kaufman County Tea Party
- Mike Olcott – Parker Co. Conservatives
- Russ Ramsland – Park Cities/Preston Hollow Leadership Forum
- Julie Turner – Texas Patriots PAC
- Maggie Wright – Texas Patriots Tea Party
“I’m emboldened by this strong show of support by these Tea Party leaders. They are a powerful ally in this campaign.
The Lt. Governor also rolled out endorsements from 19 Republican members of the Texas Senate.
- Sen. Bryan Hughes, Mineola
- Sen. Bob Hall, Canton
- Sen. Robert Nichols, Jacksonville
- Sen. Brandon Creighton, Conroe
- Sen. Charles Schwertner, Georgetown
- Sen. Paul Bettencourt, Houston
- Sen. Van Taylor, Plano
- Sen. Kelly Hancock, North Richland Hills
- Sen. Konni Burton, Colleyville
- Sen. Larry Taylor, Friendswood
- Sen. Jane Nelson, Flower Mound
- Sen. Don Huffines, Dallas
- Sen. Joan Huffman, Houston
- Sen. Lois Kolkhorst, Brenham
- Sen. Brian Birdwell, Granbury
- Sen. Dawn Buckingham, Lakeway
- Sen. Donna Campbell, New Braunfels
- Sen. Charles Perry, Lubbock
- Sen. Craig Estes, Wichita Falls
“These are the ladies and gentlemen I work with every day, they know me as well as anyone. I take these endorsements as high praise from the folks who work with me to move the conservative agenda forward in the Texas Senate,” Patrick concluded.
“Today’s endorsement rollout may be the most comprehensive list ever announced in a single release,” said Allen Blakemore, Patrick’s chief political strategist. “This campaign is like the wise man who built his house on the rock. We have laid a foundation that will withstand the attacks from the left and carry Dan Patrick to victory.”