Patrick expands faith community endorsements with national Christian leaders
AUSTIN – Today, Dan Patrick, authentic conservative candidate for Lieutenant Governor, announced the endorsement of national Christian leader James Dobson.
Dr. Dobson, founder of Focus on the Family and the Family Research Council, has been an influential evangelical leader of conservative public policy and has advised three U.S. presidents on family issues.
James Dobson released this statement with his endorsement: “Speaking as a private individual, and not on behalf of the non-profit organization I lead, I enthusiastically endorse the candidacy of Senator Dan Patrick for the office of Lt. Governor of the State of Texas.”
“I am humbled to have the support of Dr. Dobson and so many other state and national Christian conservative leaders,” said Dan Patrick. “Dr. Dobson serves as a great inspiration to millions of Americans and to me personally. I appreciate the trust he has placed in me.”
The endorsement of Dr. Dobson is the latest addition to a strong list that includes:
• Mike Huckabee, Former Governor of Arkansas
• Michelle Smith, State Director, Concerned Women for America-Legislative Action Committee
• Jonathan Saenz, President, Texas Values*
• Pastor John Hagee, Senior Pastor, Cornerstone Church*
• Dave Ramsey, Talk Show Host and Author
• Ralph Reed, President, Faith and Freedom Coalition*
• Allen Parker, President, Justice Foundation*
• Dr. Michael P Farris, Home School Legal Defense Association
For a complete list of endorsements, please go to www.DanPatrick.org.